B&B Terms and conditions
Published/Edited – April 2023
A holding deposit of £100 will be held to ensure there are no damages and the B&B stables are left as they are found. The holding deposit is returned after your departure provided that there was no damage, the stables and the paddock were left clean. Please pay the deposit in cash upon your arrival.
- Horses are staying on a DIY basis. Staff will show you where the tools, hay and storage areas are.
- The cost of your stay is £60 per horse per night. Please check in from 12 noon and check out by 10 am. If this is not adhered to, you may incur charges for another day’s stay. Stable, small turnout paddock and some hay are included.
- Due to rising costs we are not able to include bedding in the price anymore. You are welcome to bring it with you or purchase it onsite. Bedding is pellets or Nedz/Aubiose. There is no discount, should you decide not to use the stable.
- We ask that you only use as much hay as you need and that it is kept in nets to avoid waste. No hay should be used as bedding. Charges may incur if this is done.
- Guests will be asked to show passports for all visiting horses and must have up to date flu and tetanus vaccinations before being allowed on the yard.
- Please park sensibly in the car park as it can get busy. Staying overnight in lorries/trailers is not permitted in our car park.
- Maps are available on request. Ride Escorts are available to hire to show you routes or provide a sensible horse to join yours on the beach. This is an additional £30 per hour and must be booked in advance – this is only available outside of our busy season.
- You’re able to hire a beach riding permit from us at a cost of £20 per day October-April subject to National Trust restrictions. Please ride responsibly on the beach and adhere to the National Trust guidelines. If other horses are on the beach, please be considerate and do not trot or canter past or close to them. The National Trust have the authority to ban horses from the beach if they deem it to be too dangerous, so please be sensible for the sake of all users.
- Please be aware that if you are riding on the heath or forest that there are cows, wild ponies and deer loose on the heath and occasionally in the forest. They are used to seeing horses, but it is not advisable to trot or canter if in the same area as them.
- When going out on a ride, please check with staff if there is a group ride going out and leave either well before the client rides go out or wait a while after they have gone, so as not to disturb the running of our main business.
- Riders are not permitted to ride in or out of the front drive, please use the back gate only. Dogs must be kept on a short lead at the yard.
- All stables used must be mucked out and tidied before leaving. Paddock used must be poo picked.
- Booking payments are not refundable once they have been confirmed. Cancelling your stay within 72 hrs of the booking will mean that any money paid will be lost. An alteration to the booking may be made more than 72 hours in advance, customers are advised to insure against unforeseen circumstances. In the case of a no-show no refund or rescheduling is possible. If, under exceptional circumstances, the management agrees to issue a refund to the customer, please note that for all payments made via Square payment system the processing fees cannot be refunded to you. For more information please refer to: https://squareup.com/gb/en/payments/our-fees.